Saturday, October 26, 2019

First impressions: Olympus Trip 35 point and shoot camera!

I picked up an Olympus Trip 35 point and shoot camera a few months ago and have ran and developed two rolls of film (and have a couple more to get developed). So far I love this little camera! This is a cool little camera. 




The camera operates in "program" mode and features a selenium photocell around the lens.The selenium photocell does not allow the camera to operate if it doesn't read enough light. If there isn't enough light, the camera shows a red flag shows up in the viewfinder and the shutter will not fire thus saving film. The photocell also means that no batteries are needed to operate the camera. 

The camera has a fixed 40mm f2.8 lens and with two possible shutter speeds, 1/40th and 1/200th second which the camera controls. The camera has a flash sync mode, the camera has a hot shoe and a flash sync. port, where you can manually set the apertures from f2.8 to f22 on a ring at the back of the lens.and the camera sets the shutter speed at 1/40th of a second. The camera has an ISO range is 25 on the fast end which is good, but only goes to 400 on the high end. 

Focusing the camera is on a zone focus set up. There are icons on the top of the lens for four different focal lengths.They are Headshot (1m/3ft) Two person shot (1.5m/5ft), Group shot (3m/10ft) and Infinity for landscapes. The bottom of the lens features a distance scale to aid in focusing. The camera features a non coupled optical viewfinder (non TTL) that is clear and easy to compose your shots with. You need account for the fact that the viewfinder is off to the left side of the camera and not aligned with the lens but once you get used to that the camera is a joy to shoot. 

So far I have only tried Kodak Gold 200 film with this camera and I love the shots I have gotten. I want to try it out with black and white film, maybe Ilford HP5+. Here are some of the shots I gotten with this camera. 











I love this combination of the Olympus Trip 35 and Kodak Gold 200 film. This camera has become one of my main go too cameras. It is small, easy to use and takes amazing photos. It is a camera that goes into any camera bag I take with me. I may do a more intensive review of this camera later on, but I don't know how much more praise I can put on this camera! I had heard a lot about this camera before I had an opportunity to buy one, that is the reason I bought it, and I have not been disappointed! I highly recommend everyone buy one if they get the chance, if you are as lucky as I was you won't regret it. 










No comments:

Post a Comment